MK’s Procurement Services are aimed at businesses, from sole traders to large corporations, seeking to either outsource their entire procurement portfolio or partner to manage their public tendering and contracting requirements.
Why Choose Us?
Drawing on decades of experience in public and private procurement settings and in the field of Corporate Law, MK is uniquely positioned to offer its clients a comprehensive suite of procurement services. Clients choosing MK as their procurement partner, can concentrate on their core business whilst leaving all their procurement, tendering and contracting needs in the hands of our team of experts. Our clients ultimately benefit from:
Increased Competitive Advantage
Reduced Business Risk
All businesses must, at some point, procure goods and services from third-party suppliers in order to remain operational. Businesses must also ensure that they too sell their goods and services at the best possible rate and most favourable market conditions. Some businesses and public entities have ongoing purchasing requirements that make up a large part of their daily operations, while others only need to procure specific items on a periodic basis.
Notwithstanding the extent of its procurement requirements, a high-performing, efficient and effective procurement function is vital to ensure any business’ survival. Properly managing all procurement activities not only keeps business operations running smoothly; it also saves money, time, and resources. Over time, an ever-growing number of businesses, from large corporations to SMEs and sole traders, are becoming increasingly aware of the benefits of fully or partly outsourcing their procurement, tendering and contract management functions. This approach allows businesses to focus on their core business whilst leaving the responsibility for their procurement needs in the hands of experts.
Our procurement consultants possess extensive experience in both private and public procurement settings, across a range of industries, both in the local and international markets.
MK Procurement Services forms part of the group of companies belonging to the Michael Kyprianou Advocates & Legal Consultants (Click Here). Michael Kyprianou is a top Tier International Legal Consultancy Firm with offices in various jurisdictions such as Cyprus, Dubai, London, Greece, Ukraine and Malta. The firm is Top ranked in the Legal 500 and according to Gold Magazine is the 3rd Largest in size in Cyprus.
Increasingly stringent requirements for transparent competitive tendering processes means that, more than ever before, all businesses (from sole traders to SMEs and large organisations) can benefit from selling their services, works or goods to Government entities.
Drawing on its team’s extensive experience in public procurement and Corporate Law, MK is uniquely positioned to assist its clients with all aspects of the Tender Management Process. Our services include:
- Identification of Sector Specific Tender Opportunities – Clients are notified about any tenders which pertain to their particular sector. The tender document specifications are presented to the clients and the possibility of submitting a bid is discussed.
- Compilation of Tender Bids – MK works closely with prospective bidders to ensure that all documentation and relevant information, required by the contracting authority, is made available within the set time frame.
- Final Bid Submission – MK submits final bids, on behalf of its clients, through the Electronic Public Procurement System (EPPS).
- Legal Representation – In the event that clients feel that the tendering process is in anyway not competitive or transparent, the MK legal team assists its clients in challenging the validity of the tendering process. Furthermore, MK also represents its clients in filing appeals to the Contracts Review Board if their business is negatively affected by any decision taken, including a proposed award in obtaining a contract, a rejection of a tender or a cancellation of a call for tender.
Effective Contract Management can ultimately be a source of competitive advantage, reduce business risk and result in greater profitability over the long-term.
At MK, we specialize in the management of contracts for the sale and purchase of services and goods. We manage all our clients’ pre and post contractual requirements.
- Contract Negotiation – Assisting clients in negotiating new contracts for goods and services and re-negotiating existing contracts.
- Drafting of Contracts – Drafting contracts for goods and services on behalf of the client.
- Contract Monitoring – Engaging directly with clients’ contractors and, if required, representing clients in meetings with contractors. Monitoring the service being offered by contractors to ensure that all contract obligations are fulfilled whilst abiding by the conditions set out in the contract.
- Litigation, Arbitration & Dispute Resolution – Our team of lawyers are qualified to represent clients in the superior and inferior courts as well as other boards and tribunals. The MK legal team assists its clients in identifying the most effective remedial action. This varies on a case by case basis and may include mediation, negotiation, arbitration or, as a last resort, litigation. In the event that a client is facing difficulties in recovering dues, MK assists its client through a wide range of services such as constitution of debt agreements, precautionary acts and warrants.
A high-performing, efficient and effective procurement and supply chain function is vital to any business’ success. Whether a company intends on outsourcing its entire procurement and supply chain portfolio or is looking for a partner to implement efficient and transparent strategies, MK can offer a solution to suit its needs.
- Advisory – Assisting clients draft and implement efficient and transparent procurement strategies across their organization and advising on the day-to-day running of their procurement department.
- Procurement Process – Drafting, issuing and evaluating Requests for Quotations (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Tenders on behalf of clients as well as identifying the relevant contractors/suppliers for the required services.