Our team consists of experienced persons including lawyers coming from varied backgrounds such as tech and fintech, banking, investment, finance and data protection.
We are constantly keeping up to date with movements in the industry and market, often attend conferences held all over the world and regularly write and publish topical pieces on our website and also on reputable Crypto related websites such as Cryptovest. Most recent published piece written by one of our experts: Link .
AMK’s Virtual Financial Assets (VFA) Legal Services consist of:
- Legal Opinions (Eg for Token Classification in accordance to Maltese Law)
- Drafting and/or Vetting and Registering of Whitepapers (ICOS) and Prospective papers (STOs)
- Licencing of the following activities:
- Cat 1: To receive and transmit orders and provide investment advice on virtual financial assets and or the placing thereof. In this licence category licence holders may not hold or control clients’ money.
- Cat 2: To hold or control clients’ money in addition to providing any other VFA service with the exception of operating an exchange or dealing for their clients’ own accounts.
- Cat 3: To hold or control clients’ money in addition to providing any other VFA service with the exception of operating a VFA exchange.
- Cat 4: In this licence category licence holders may provide any VFA service including holding or controlling of clients’ money and operating a VFA exchange.
- VFA Agent services (A VFA Agent is required to apply for a licence of any VFA related service, in addition other functions)
- Referral of a Systems Auditor (who is a registered person legally required to review and audit innovative technology arrangements
- Other related services (company formation, licencing of related activities such as EMI or PI licences, relocation, bank account opening, tax advice and more)