Michael Kyprianou Law Firm offers an all-inclusive Data Protection Officer (DPO) service which enables you to outsource the role of the DPO in a fully GDPR-compliant manner. Outsource your DPO responsibilities to avoid the challenge and expense of appointing an in-house employee. This allows you to remain focused on your business operations.
The main benefits of outsourcing the role of a DPO
Other Services We Offer
Outsourced DPO Service
Supporting Internal DPO
Privacy by Design
Data Protection Audit
Since the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect in May 2018, the international shortage of DPOs has come to light. The Regulation instructs that organisations carrying out certain processing activities must necessarily appoint a DPO. Even where the law does not oblige an organisation to designate a DPO, it may nonetheless be prudent to appoint one as this will alleviate any concerns you may have related to the privacy of individuals whose personal data your organisation processes. Where an organisation fails to appoint a DPO when it is required to do so, it is breaching the GDPR.
The GDPR states that the designated person must have data protection expertise, however fails to specify what level of expertise is expected. Appointing an unexperienced DPO, lacking the necessary skills and foresight to fulfil the role, may expose an organisation to avoidable risks. It is also critical that the chosen DPO doesn’t have a conflict of interest, i.e. doesn’t determine the purposes and means of processing the personal data himself.
Why you need it
Many companies find that the DPO duties involve a considerable investment and challenge to deliver, given the amount of industry specific knowledge needed on data processing, data security and the correlation of these in the company’s operations, as well as the practical aspects of the GDPR.
Outsourcing your organisation’s DPO role can help you save more than you think, it’s not only about money. It is about the time, effort, worries and more. Get a free quote today.
Benefits when outsourcing a DPO
The GDPR makes it clear that outsourcing a DPO is one option which should be considered when an organisation doesn’t have a dedicated privacy department, which is the case for most small to medium sized organisations. Few advantages of outsourcing the DPO role:
- Have the flexibility to outsource data protection related activities and focus on your core business operations;
- Very cost effective when compared to hiring a full time in house privacy professional;
- Have an experienced team of privacy specialists with wide-range expertise in data protection activities in various field;
- Maintain a high level of GDPR compliance;
- Have a team of specialists prepared to assist you should you suffer a personal data breach;
- The DPOs are available 24/7;
- Eliminate the risk of internal conflicts of interest.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Our DPOs can perform these tasks:
- Formulate and follow a data protection compliance roadmap;
- Practical operations, like personnel training, assist in the creation and maintenance of a data inventory and records of processing activities, as well as composing and planning processes;
- Informing and advising the customer on privacy and data protection;
- Monitoring compliance;
- Providing advice on conducting DPIA’s;
- Acting as a contact point for supervisory authorities.
We can help you
Michael Kyprianou Law Firm is one of the leading law firms in Malta with many years of experience in the area of privacy and data protection law. We can offer you practical advice and help you understand your current risk.
Additionally, we can also provide you with dedicated software that will help you considerably in your compliance efforts. GDPR Auto is a compliment to the legal consultancy, it will help you by reducing manual work and by automating data requests such as SARS, Portability, Data Rectification and Deletion. Should you wish, you may request a short demo of this software so that you can better understand its benefits.